June 16, 1944 – Mulberry Harbors Open On D-Day Beaches

Mulberry harbors were temporary portable harbors developed by the British during World War II to facilitate the rapid offloading of cargo onto beaches during the Allied invasion of Normandy in June 1944. After the Allies successfully held beachheads following D-Day, two prefabricated harbors were taken in sections across the English Channel from Britain with the invading army and assembled off Omaha (Mulberry “A”) and Gold Beach (Mulberry “B”). – Source, Wikipidea

Learn about our first story, Flash & Thunder, here.